What to do in your garden during November
Plant & sow
Sow vegetables like:
- Beetroot, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cabbages, Carrots, Cauliflowers,
- Cucumbers, Dwarf beans, Lettuces, Parsley, Pumpkins, Radishes,
- Runner beans, Sweet potatoes, Swiss chard and vegetable Marrows
Petroselinum species (Parsley)
Phaseolus coccineus (Runner bean)
Raphanus sativus (Radishes)
Phaseolus vulgaris (Beans (dwarf/green), French beans)
Cucurbita maxima (Pumpkins)
Lactuca sativa (Lettuce)
Daucus carota (Carrots)
Cucumis sativus (Cucumbers)
Brassica oleracea var. capitata (Cabbages)
Beta vulgaris var. cicla (Chard, Swiss chard)
Beta vulgaris var. esculenta (Beetroot)
Look out for the following flowers this month:
- Lift daffodil bulbs as soon as the foliage has died
- down completely.
- Rambling roses can be pruned now.
- Deadhead roses regularly.
- Sow lawn seed.