What To Plant And Sow In August:
- Prepare beds for sowing by digging in compost and 2:3:2 at the rate of 60 g per square metre.
- Start to sow summer-flowering towards the end of the month.
- Annuals adapt well to pot cultures like strawberry pots, tubs, terracotta flowerpots.
- Sow the following plants:
Vegetables to plant in August:
- Sow Vegetables like :
Bulbs to plant during August:
Plant summer-flowering bulbs such as:
- Amazon lilies, Aztec lilies,
- berg lilies, blue squill, cannas,
- elephant’s ear, fairy lilies,
- ifafa lilies, montbretias, nerines,
- peruvian daffodils, plantain lilies,
- pineapple lilies, spider lilies,
- tiger flowers, tuberose, wild garlic,
- flame lilies, liatrisand arums.
Garden Maintenance in August
- Do not neglect your container plants; prune them lightly and feed and water them regularly.
- Cut out the dead branches from garden trees.
- Feed and dead head annuals.
- Feed shrubs with a fertilizer high in potassium.
- Water and mow the lawn.
For August maintenance tips on watering, pruning,
pests and disease, fertilizing and much more visit our country wide maintenance guide.