Subtropical Regions – July
July in the garden
Winter is steadily moving along. With spring just around the corner July brings longer days and warmer temperatures.The month of July is the gardener’s time to prune, plant and prepare for spring.
- Do not neglect your container plants; prune them lightly and feed and water them regularly.
- Leave fallen leaves to act as a mulch in flowerbeds.
- Water all shrubs once a month.
- Cut out the dead branches from garden trees.
- Feed annuals and pinch back seedlings to encourage bushiness.
- Start feeding shrubs with fertilizer high in potassium like Wonder 3:1:5 (26) SR or 5:1:5 (22) with Black Urea.
- Water and mow the lawn if necessary.
- Fertilize Mangoes and prune Granadillas.
For July maintenance tips on watering, pruning, pests and disease, fertilizing and much more visit our country wide maintenance guide.